Saturday, February 5, 2011

Another flocking card! A Birthday Challenge!!

I had a lot of free time this afternoon and decided I still felt the need to craft...so I did!  I love a good challenge and often visit a blog called Inkin' It Up Crazy: http://inkingitupcrazy.blogspot.com/ a blog by a wonderfully creative woman named Kassidy.  So I decided to make a birthday card using my Create-A-Critter Cartridge yet again!  I even pulled out my mini sewing machine one more time and sewed around this card too.  I'm still trying to figure out how to get the hang of the sewing--guess I need to keep practicing. 

And of course I had to flock again... I am sooooo addicted!  I LOVE it!  Sooooo fun, sooooo easy and adds just the right tough

This card is for a friend who has a GINORMOUS collection of giraffes!  I hope she likes it....hmmmmmm perhaps it will have to be a super early birthday card as her birthday isn't until the end of August :)  Guess I am waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of the game!  Enjoy!

Card Recipe
Cricut Create-A-Critter Cartridge: Giraffe cut at 4 in and HB cut at 1.5 in.
Paper: Stampin' Up!
Other Stuff: SU! dimensionals, sewing machine and yellow flocking

5 comments:

My Lil' Bits said...

Love the card! It's just so darn cute, your friend is going to love it!! Thanks for playing along at Inking It Up Crazy!!!

Lisa

Unknown said...

Very cute!!!! I just love the Create a Critter cartridge. The stitching is really neat. Thanks for playing along at Inking It Up Crazy!!!

Jamie

Anonymous said...

Very cute card! I'm a fellow Minnesotan!

Jeanine said...

Very cute
TFS

Anonymous said...

SOOO Cute! I love the create a critter cartridge and adore the flocking you added!! Do you have any tips on how to set the Cricut blade, especially for the little mouths? My paper always seem to tear the curved mouths and they don't turn out as cute as yours!
A fello Minnesotan-
Renee