Monday, May 23, 2011

FCCB Challenge #61: Blue Skies

Ahhhh I didn't intend for this card to be so dreary but I went with it!  I had started with the clouds and was going with a dream sorta theme to go with my blue skies but this turned into a card that might work for someone who's having a rough go at life or such.  I hope you can join us at FCCB! for our Fantabulous "Blue Skies" challenge.  Go ahead and make a project with the color blue and a cloud shape--using atleast one cricut cut! I can't wait to see what you create :)    I do love how the rainbow effect came through on the little cloud over the word rainbow-- love it!  Thanks for stopping by!


The Deets!
Cricut: Clouds cut at various sizes from Create-A-Critter
Paper: SU!
Stamp: Inkadinkado
Other: chalk and SU ink

8 comments:

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Sarah I think your card is great. Sometimes, sadly, we need a card that isn't all happy and cheerful. Your card is great for someone who may be having a tough time and just needs a reminder that somewhere under all those clouds...a rainbow awaits! Love it!

Kate said...

This is fabulous! I LOVE that little rainbow in the cloud. The splash of colour really draws focus to the sentiment - and speaks volumes.

My Lil' Bits said...

I love that sentiment!! This is a sweet card, and that rainbow was the perfect touch :)

Anonymous said...

What a great sentiment and I love the rainbow! You did an amazing job with the challenge! Great job!

Jennie Garcia said...

Really cute!! I totally love that sentiment!!
Don't worry half of the stuff I make don't turn out like I want them to. TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/
FCCB DT Member

Anonymous said...

I think it's a great encouragement card and sometimes that's the hardest card to create! I love this idea with the sentiment and will probably lift it! ;) ( FCCB DT )

Jen M said...

I love the card! The rainbow on the sentiment cloud is just perfect. Great job, sarah!

Lisa Norris said...

I'm finally able to comment again! YAY! What a great card! I love the simplicity of it...really cool! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com