Saturday, December 3, 2011

Herringbone Frosty!

Yay some of my goodies arrived from my friends at Unity-- they had a rockin' good sale so I simply had to pick some stamps up!  I had to have this roly poly little snowman...he's so cute!  I colored a bunch of them and was deciding what to use them for.  I was hanging out on SCS and found these great instructions for this "herringbone" technique.  It's a little fussy but SUPER easy to do--just takes a bit of time and patience... good thing I have time this weekend because I certainly never have patience :)  It needs a little something...but I haven't figured out just what so in he shall stay like this until I figure it out! 


I will also be linking this card up over with all of the other lovely and talented crafters who are creating for the challenge over at Unity-- "Let it Snow"
 is the theme!  Check it out!

9 comments:

BugBites said...

Love this look. Adorable snowman.

Georgiana said...

That technique sure is neat looking.

Hope you will stop by when you get a chance to see my new cards.
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

lisa arana said...

this little guy is so cute. he looks super cozy in his adorable sweater. wonderful card.

Jen M said...

Very cute! Love the herringbone background!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I just love snowmen cards!

Ashley said...

Cute card, the snowman is adorable! :) Thanks for sharing!

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Super cute card..adorable snowman!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Unity Stamp Company said...

So PRETTY I love your card - it is really very pretty - and SO SUPER creative! Thanks for participating!

Michelle VP said...

Oooh, I had to try this herringbone technique too! Love how you framed yours with white and a dark color. Cute snowman too. :)